- ARAGATSOTN MARZ
- ARARAT MARZ
- ARMAVIR MARZ
- GEGHARKUNIK MARZ
- KOTAYK MARZ
- LORI MARZ
- SHIRAK MARZ
- SIUNIK MARZ
- TAVUSH MARZ
- VAYOTS DZOR MARZ
||Area: 2308 km2
Administrative Center: Yeghegnadzor
Distance from Yerevan to Yeghegnadzor: 122 km
Vayots Dzor Marzpetaran /provincial administration/
Tel.: (010) 28 74 01 reception room, (281) 22 522
Hospital, Tel.: (281) 222 60
Police, Tel.:(281) 23 740
Museum of Regional Ethnography
Tel.:(281) 23 392, 24 188
Vayots Dzor Tourism Development Center (Vaik)
Tel.: (282) 21 190
Tel.: (287) 21 319
Tel.: (287) 22 441
|Mountains: Vardenis range, Zangezur range, Vaik range, Sartsali 3433m, Vankasar 3078m, Chaghatsar 3333m, Muradsar 3214m, Teksar 2898m, Vaiotssar 2586m, Gogiler 3120m, Harsnakar 2773m, Chaghatsar 3333m, Vorotan pass, Tukh Manuk pass, Martiros pass
Lakes: Sevakn, Jukhtak, Hreshtak, Kechut, Herher
Rivers: Arpa, Yeghegis, Herher, Arpa-Sevan hydro-tunnel
National Parks: Herher, Jermuk, Yeghegnadzor
Yeghegnadzor: Regional history museum
Areni: Astvatsatsin church, 1321. Wine-making center.
Agarakadzor: Bridge on river Arpa, 13th c.
Yeghegis: Hermon's monastery, 10-13th c.. St. Karapet church, 13th c.. Surb Zorats church, 14th c.. Smbataberd fortress, 5 -10th cc.. Princely tomb, 14th c..
Aghnjadzor: Selim's caravanserai, 4 -14th cc.
Khachik: Karkop monastery, 9th c.. Medieval fortress.
Shatin: Shatin Monastery, 929. Medieval churches. Tsatur's bridge on river Yeghegis, 1666.
Herher: St. Sion monastery, 8 -13th cc.. Medieval fortress.
Gndevaz: Gndevank monastery, 936.
Jermuk: Gallery, regional history museum, sanatoriums.
Historical monuments out of domiciles: Spitakavor church, 14th c., Tsakhats-Kar monastery, 10-11th cc.. Tanahat monastery, Proshaberd fortress, 10-12th cc.. Tanahat monastery, Vahanavank monastery, 10th c., Noravank monastery, 13-14th cc.. Gladzor university, 13th c..
Noravank monastery is considered to be the pulpit of Siunik bishops. The main church of St.Karapet was built in 1227. The reliefs on the entrance tympanum and the windows on the western façade are very interesting from an architectural point of view. To the south of the monastery one can see a two-storied sepulcher church built in 1339, This tomb monument can be traced to the 4th or 5th c.. To the right of entrance of the tympanum, one can find recently discovered stalactite caves. The monastery was completely reconstructed and reopened in 1999. The magnificent landscape of mountains, surrounding the monastery, displays a beautiful array of colors.